- To develop and recommend resolutions for consideration by the Chapter membership. Resolutions are formal expressions of the Chapter’s views, and serve as a way for the Chapter to focus attention on pertinent environmental and political issues.
- The Chair of the Committee is appointed by the President and serves with three or four additional members.
- Current Chair:
- Canvas the membership for issues of concern via the newsletter, discussions at Chapter meetings, and personal contacts.
- Develop resolutions on these issues, and prepares a list of potential recipients and addresses.
- Present the resolutions at the business meeting for member discussion and approval.
- Prepare final copies of the resolutions for action and/or the Chapter files. The President then forwards said resolutions through the Secretary-Treasurer to the chosen recipients with an appropriate cover letter.
Resolutions by year:
Resolution to Support Separation of the Mississippi Watershed from the Great Lakes
Resolution to Support Closure of the St. Lawrence Seaway
Removal of Sabin, Boardman, and Brown Bridge Dams on the Boardman River
Phosphorous Content in Dishwashing Detergents
Contract Revisions for Michigan DNR Policy Makers
Stream Protection and Restoration (Policy Statement)